Monday, April 25, 2011

Etsy Treasuries

Some of you may be unfamiliar or just plain confused about what an Etsy treasury is and why so many people with Etsy shops create treasuries.

A treasury is basically a collection of pictures and links taken from other shops on Etsy. Usually you want them to have something in common such as theme or color, etc. (I've made all of mine with like colors but completely different items.) Anyway, the purpose of creating a treasury is to get your shop name out there (though they discourage you from actually featuring your own items in your treasury), make connections with other Etsy sellers who might discover your shop through a treasury you featured them in, and maybe even find some unique creations that you fall in love with yourself.

I love when I find out that I've been featured in a treasury because even if I'm not selling a ton of items, being featured lets me know that I have items that are interesting to others and I'm on the right track to eventually being discovered. It's almost like free publicity!

Here's the latest one I'm featured in:
http://www.etsy.com/treasury/4db6c693d73d6d91955f9683/teacher-appreciation-gift-guide.


And I love making treasuries. Finding just the right items or colors that create an appealing design is a fun break from the business part of having an online shop. I enjoy browsing the shops of other Etsy sellers and finding so many amazing things.

Here's the latest one I made just this morning:

http://www.etsy.com/treasury/4db82b298f868eef9398c885/rhapsody-in-blue

Basically, with Etsy being an immense online marketplace featuring literally millions of handmade items, there has to be a way for a shop to be found and to be recognized. Participating in things like treasuries and teams (more on that in another post) is a way to do that.

No comments:

Post a Comment